Visas & Sponsorship


Apply to DIAC ( Department of Immigration and Citizenship) for a visa

Most overseas trained doctors and Foreign Graduates of an Accredited Medical School need a visa to practice in Australia.

General practitioners can apply for a visa if:

– you received your primary medical qualification in a country other than Australia
– or you have received your medical qualifications in Australia but you’re not an Australian permanent resident.

Business Visa (Subclass 457) 

The Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) allows skilled workers to come to Aust​ralia and work for an approved business for up to four years. You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work. You can be in or outside Australia​ when you lodge your application. More information is available from the booklet Temporary Work (Skilled) (subclass 457) visa (649KB PDF).


For further information on this type of visa please click here. If you have any questions regarding the processes feel free to contact us here to have a chat to us about how we can help you obtain this visa and make your transition to Australia as smooth as possible.